Welcome to the Schmidl Holiday House
The Holiday House Schmidl is situated just above the alpine village of Heiligenblut at an altitude of 1360 metres. Its offers an outstanding view of the famous village and its historical church, the legendary Grossglockner and the stunning mountains of the Sonnblick range. The village centre is just 5 minutes’ walk away, ensuring easy access to all shops and amenities, as well as to the valley station of the cableway. On the second floor of the house is the modern yet cosily-furnished holiday apartment ‘Steinbock’, offering everything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
The Holiday Apartment
The holiday apartment ‘Steinbock’ is unique within the region in terms of both size and location, with an accommodation capacity of 8 to 10 people.
Its unusual size makes the apartment suitable for a multitude of booking options:
- Extended family with children and grandparents
- 2 families with children
- 4 couples
A complete refurbishment in 2016 has brought the entire house including the holiday apartment up to the latest architectural and technological standard.
The apartment’s high-quality interior features:
- 4 bedrooms: 2 large bedrooms, each with a double bed plus daybed. 2 bedrooms with small double (140cm) beds. All bedding is provided.
- 2 bathrooms: 1st bathroom with sink, shower, bathtub and WC; 2nd bathroom with sink, shower and WC. Towels are provided.
- Generous kitchen with fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, stove with oven, microwave; fully equipped with all necessary kitchen tools.
- Comfortably furnished, generously-sized dining/living room with big family table. Also flat-screen TV with satellite channels.
- Unlimited WiFi
- Washing machine inside the apartment
- Iron, clothes-drying rack and ironing board in separate storage room
- If required, we can provide a cot, highchair, changing table and playpen at no extra charge.
- Storage room for skis and ski-boots, with ski-boot dryer
- Private parking spaces in roofed car-port
- On request: early-morning in-house delivery of freshly baked roles from the bakery (charged separately)
- Bus stop for ski and hiking bus directly outside the house
Please note that the entire house is non-smoking, and that pets are not permitted.
During the winter months, the skiing region Heiligenblut offers a unique skiing experience in high-alpine terrain. The new Grossglockner Plus Card gives you access to additional highlights such as guided ski-tours, wildlife watching, freeriding, snow-shoe hiking, magical night-time hikes and much more. All the while, cosy alpine inns along the pistes await you with regional specialties.
The summer months offer fantastic opportunities for walking, mountain biking and hiking on marked trails passing unique mountain lakes and clear glacier rivers. The Glacier Cableway takes you from the Franz Josefs Höhe to the Pasterze, the longest glacier in the Eastern Alps with its unique Pasterze Lake.
Modern cableways take you to altitudes of up to 3,000 metres above sea-level, right into the heart of the Grossglockner region – letting you experience the unforgettable panorama of Austria’s highest mountains.
The stop for the ski and hiking bus is right outside our house, taking you to the cableway in a few minutes. Alternatively, the valley station of the cableway is a five-minute walk away from the house. In winter it is possible to ski directly to the house, depending on snow conditions.
The village of Heiligenblut
Heiligenblut is a high-alpine mountain village situated at the foot of Austria's highest mountain, the Grossglockner. Its location and the view of the surrounding mountains make it entirely unique. The world-famous pilgrimage church, the cemetery complete with an 'Iron Book of Mountain Casualties', or the „Path of Legends“ an exhibition on personalities who have left their mark on the village all make for a fascinating visit. The village offers various shops including a supermarket, numerous restaurants, an indoor pool, a general medical practitioner and a pharmacy.
Prices and Length of Stay
Peak Season Winter
7 Days Minimum Stay
Off Season und Summer
4 Days Minimum Stay
4 Days Minimum Stay
15.04. – 24.06. 2023 1,750.-
24.06. – 23.09. 2023 2,156.-
23.09. – 16.12. 2023 1,925.-
Plus 125.- Post-departure cleaning
Plus Visitor Tax: 2.70 per Adult per night
Send us your inquiry - we look forward to hearing from you!
Inhalte von Google Maps werden aufgrund deiner aktuellen Cookie-Einstellungen nicht angezeigt. Klicke auf “Zustimmen & anzeigen”, um zuzustimmen, dass die erforderlichen Daten an Google Maps weitergeleitet werden, und den Inhalt anzusehen. Mehr dazu erfährst du in unserer Datenschutz. Du kannst deine Zustimmung jederzeit widerrufen. Gehe dazu einfach in deine eigenen Cookie-Einstellungen.